Thursday 10 January 2013

Egg Rolls and Bechamel sauce


January 27th, 2012

In preparation for the storm this afternoon I went and bought 2000 pounds, a ton to the rest of us, of lasagne and some egg rolls.  Both are sitting in my freezer waiting for me to cook the huge quantity of noodles cheese and béchamel sauce. Cook is not the appropriate word, this is a fancy way to express, heat up, but the corporations out there want you think you are cooking, because you still have to pay attention. If first off they give you a picture of a stove and what method to cook with. However you then have to  cook it 50, then 20 then let it sit 15. No where on the box does it say the total of minutes to cook, that takes a calculator. .So it is the super duper kind, on sale for the same price you need, so you buy too many calories for one person. Does that stop me ? No I am saving money.

I will eat it for the rest of my life because I wanted a change but I am saving money.

Lucy and I went for our stroll and I thought that it would be easier in the woods so
off ! we went to a 54 kilometre trail near here. There is a guide wire to steer blind persons, which I hung onto. Not because I am sightless but because I needed to stay up right. Lucy chased squirrels and other rodents of trail. We skated along merrily to the first fire pit. The trails goes to the left and we stood there wondering because there was so much ice just how to get to it. Lucy took one look and turned around back to the path we had just come on, and led me back to the car. Sometimes she is smarter than I let on.  We had a wrestling match, and she let me win. Her goal, is to get my thumb in her mouth.  "

... work can wait another 30 minutes. There are more important things to do. Like throwing sticks."
Big hugs,



 

No comments:

Post a Comment